Athletic Department Update for March 13th
- All athletic events (games, practices, and workouts) are cancelled until at least April 13th. If you hear about a “captain’s practice” or an “optional practice” or anything similar, those are not authorized and should not be attended.
- All district facilities are closed. The pool, the stadium, the track, all gyms, all outdoor fields, the weight room, the wrestling room, tennis courts, batting cages, etc are closed and not permitted for use during this closure
- Spring sports picture day scheduled for Thursday March 19th will be postponed
- The winter sports awards on Monday March 16 will be postponed. If this event cannot be rescheduled we will work through a process with winter coaches to make sure all students receive the awards they earned this winter
- The OHSAA has postponed all winter postseason tournaments and will soon be issuing statewide guidance for the spring sports season
- The athletic booster club’s “All Sports Extravaganza” on Friday March 20th will be postponed until the fall.
This is a particularly difficult time for our student-athletes. We understand how much hard work goes into preparing for our seasons and we will do our best to reschedule events when they can be safely conducted. As always, the health and safety of our students and staff remains our top priority. Thank you for your support!